An ideal long distance triathlon short needs to be comfortable first and foremost. When you are nailing your times and heading for a PR or perhaps especially when you are not – when its a death march to the finish, a good pair of tri shorts will have discomfort or chaffing as not part of this race day story.
Detailed Product notes from our pattern designer:
When designing our tri shorts we wanted comfort, fit, and pockets.
Comfort and fit came together because what can make or break a triathlon short is its pad. The chamois we selected is from Berenis, a division of the Cytech family of pad manufacturers and one we’ve been most impressed with. Highly pliable, with the latest tech in skyved edges, multi-density fully perforated foam construction, and a soft anti-microbial top layer. We found the pad of choice – now we designed a pattern around it. Instead of creating a short and shoving a pad in and sewing it to work – we added space and shape in the pattern in order to properly fit the pad. The end result is a tri short which fits and supports well, and most importantly provides good support and cushioning.
The contoured side panels and swimmer-cut waistband utilize our Italian Revo compression fabric well – providing a snug, next to skin fit and feel along with a comfort waistband which is double layered in the front to provide a sleek look and decrease the instances of the waistband rolling when in aero.
For pockets we included deep thigh panel pockets which are angled more forward on the leg – this was intentional in the case where you have an item stored during the bike to not have the pocket bulge into the wind. The pocket is wider and deeper than many pockets on the market – for whatever you need.
- Revo Compressive Italian Fabric – 4 way stretch with fantastic water and temperature characteristics, compression polyamide weave provides more support for muscle groups, UV50++ permanent, chlorine degradation and sunscreen stain resistant with superior abrasion resistance.
- RDT special 45mm grip tape leg gripper
- Berenis Tahiti molded gender specific pad
- Inseam to fit 3/4 down the leg for most athletes
- 2 deep thigh side panel pockets